Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Stockroom Specialist is responsible for the material flow and storage in the maintenance parts room and the distribution of material to appropriate departments. In this role, you will work closely with other departments to ensure appropriate inventory levels of stocked parts are addressed. You will support our inventory operations, data management, research and analysis and safety and compliance.
- Responsible for supply issue parts and make corresponding adjustments in the system.
- Maintain general food safe and plant safe housekeeping of parts room and maintenance shop.
- Perform clerical tasks including receiving service purchasing orders in the system for payment and receive kit work orders for mechanics.
- Collaborate with purchasing, maintenance supervisors and maintenance planner to review current stock and obsolete stock to ensure a consistently relevant and useful shelf stock.
- Cycle count the parts room and review necessary adjustments with maintenance planner for approval.
- Handle moderately complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under general supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, secondary education level OR equivalent
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Experience with inventory management systems
- Warehouse experience
- Forklift experience
- Good organizational and verbal communication skills
- SAP experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.