Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
At Cargill, we strive to be the best choice in animal nutrition solutions. In the UK, our team uses our nutritional expertise and knowledge to provide superior innovative nutritional products and services to the agricultural feed industry.
This is an excellent opportunity to be accountable for the safe, efficient and accurate operation of the onsite physical logistics, leading the warehouse team with a focus on continuous improvement and service levels to Cargill’s customers. The position includes supervisory responsibility for two onsite warehouses, including but not limited to, all inbound materials unloading, all on site warehouse activity and outbound dispatch processes. There is regular exposure to plant manufacturing environments.
- Ensure all work is carried out safely, efficiently and accurately by the warehouse team
- Act as the sponsor for safe operations in the on-site logistics function, requiring close cooperation with the EHS coordinator and site management team
- Ensure the safe working of Cargill employees, contractors and visitors by direct supervision, observations, risk assessments, safety conversations and permits to work
- Maintain the timely and accurate use of the stock control system to optimise production efficiency and customer service
- Lead continuous improvement of the onsite logistics activity, identify and adopt best practices
- Delivers warehouse activities within agreed budget
- Liaise with third party external storage providers as required
- Work collaboratively across all internal stakeholders, including but not limited to; EHS, Planning, Customer Services, Production, FSQR and Technical
- Tracks output and monitors key performance indicators ( Safety, customer service, logistics and manufacturing cost) to ensure the team and warehouse function is delivering key metrics
- Develop the skill base of the warehouse team to ensure all team members reach their full potential
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s grade A-C (including Maths and English) or equivalent secondary qualification
- First line supervisory experience leading people and projects in a logistics environment
- Experience of warehousing/ dispatch activity in a fast moving storage or manufacturing environment
- Clear communication skills with the ability to communicate with colleagues on different levels in the organisation
- Able to take ownership and accountability for actions
- Ability to be hands on and work in the warehouse when required
- Proven team motivation skills with the ability to create a strong and cohesive team
- A professional logistics qualification
- SAP experience
- Logistics/ warehousing experience in feed manufacturing
- Understanding or experience with CI/5S Principles
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Our usual recruitment process is as follows; candidates meeting the criteria will be invited to a telephone interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team. If this is successful you will be invited to a further interview with the Hiring Manager and members of the hiring team. For some of our positions a final interview and site tour will also be needed.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.