Customer Service Representative
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Customer Service Representative will support a moderate scale of customer service activities for our regional team. We seek a professional to contribute to optimizing and monitoring shipping and returns including processing complex orders from customers and resolving order or delivery issues.
• Maintain systems and relationships that meet customer demand forecast, as well as other databases related to shipments and inventory management.
• Inform customers about order status, invoices, contract balances and other information needed to complete the sale.
• Execute customer service strategies.
• Provide support to improvement projects and commitments requiring a basic understanding of customer service practices and procedures.
• You will work under direct supervision and handle basic issues and problems, while referring more complex issues to higher-level staff.
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 2+ years of customer service or similar experience
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Ability to work extended or flexible hours as seasonal workloads require. This includes high volume workload, work given by many indivduals and working under pressure.
• Ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time, and spend a lot of time on the telephone and email
• Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
• University degree/diploma from an accredited university/college in a related discipline
• Experience with grains or crop inputs
• Experience with Customer Relationship Management software
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.