Lab Technician Co-op 2021
Imagine an opportunity where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. We pride ourselves on having the most diverse internship and cooperative programs in the industry. During the co-op, you will tackle real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way. You will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce.
In this position you will work in the areas of:
- General QA/QC tasks (working in the lab and in the plant) checking feed against physical and nutritional specifications
- Wet Chemistry (Nitrogen, protein, fat, moisture, ash, peroxide values, free fatty acid)
- Physical Analysis (density measurement, caliper measurements, sieving, grinding)
- NIR (Near Infrared) analysis that involves scanning of feed and commodity samples
- Data entry
- Microbiology (Rapid diagnostic screening kits)
- Assistance in maintaining Feed Quality, Safety and Environmental systems (ISO, B.A.P., GlobalGAP, ASC)
- Assistance in maintaining QA sample storage area in the plant
- Sample collection and preparation
- May provide assistance with special projects focusing on feed and feed ingredients.
This is a significant opportunity to understand and be involved in not only the latest feed technology but also pioneering new products in the North America market place. The internship offers experience of working within a high performing team, and an opportunity of future employment dependent on performance.
- Co-ops are paid and are at least 16 weeks in duration.
- Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered a full-time position for the following year.
- Surrey, BC
- EWOS Canada Ltd Feed plant and office
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program graduating between December 2021 and May 2023 in the areas of Land & Food Systems or other discipline with similar interests (such as Biology, Chemistry or a compatible Integrated Science).
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Excellent attention to details
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for an internship opportunity anywhere in the Canada
- Able to complete a 4 month co-op placement (September 2020 – December 2020)
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Overall 3.0 GPA or higher
- Familiarity with lab safety, as well as food safety systems such as HACCP, ISO22001, and /or GlobalGAP is a benefit
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.