Engineering Co-op 2021
Imagine an internship where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. Internships are at least 16 weeks long, and we pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse internship programs in the industry. During the internship, you will tackle real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way. You will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce.
Provide engineering students interested in production management an opportunity to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a plant processing business environment. Opportunities exist across Canada within our diverse businesses: current opportunity in our Aqua Nutrition business.
- Gain an understanding of the plant, process and equipment by working with a diverse group of functional areas on such projects as: efficiency issues, working with contractors, energy - related process improvements, reliability principles and practices, and plant process and equipment improvements.
- Work with a diverse group of cross - functional areas such as safety and environmental, maintenance, engineering, contractors, and operations.
- Communicate with people diverse in language ability, educational levels and experience.
- Learn the importance of interpreting and implementing government safety and environmental regulations in line with company policies.
- Manage the people, the process and the input / product aspects of a situation to implement a solution.
- Orientation to the company will be presented and an on - going job performance assessment will be provided.
- The plant environment is team oriented, fast paced, and hands-on.
- Cargill's environment will focus on employee engagement, inclusion, and innovation.
- Students are given the opportunity to apply their skills and gain hands-on experience working on various projects from designing and upgrading current systems, to reviewing and updating plant drawings.
- This job involves physical activity which generally requires a moderate amount of exertion on a fairly regular basis – involving bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, reaching, working on irregular surfaces, occasional lifting of objects weighing over 50 pounds and frequent lifting of 10-25 pounds. The work may also involve other exertions, conditions or exposures (i.e.- heat, cold, grain dust, etc.)
- Cargill offers both housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to co-ops who qualify (based on mileage)
- Internships are paid and are a minimum of 16 weeks in duration.
- Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered a full-time position for the following year.
- Surrey, BC
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, and graduating between December 2021 and May 2023.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for an internship opportunity anywhere in Canada
- Able to complete an 8 or 12 month co-op starting January 2021.
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Previous plant, production, co-op, or intern experience preferred.
- Overall 3.0 GPA or higher
- Ability to relate technical knowledge to job-related duties.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and make decisions independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With more than 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.