Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
The Environmental Health and Safety Supervisor I will apply technical knowledge of process safety to deploy corporate standards to handle hazardous processes. We seek an experienced professional who will lead our safety teams and guide the development of strategies, implement and sustain corporate process safety risk management standards and ensure prevention of serious process safety events.
- Assess environmental health and safety risks, opportunities and impacts, standards and regulations, and advise on potential impacts to internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead the implementation of programs and processes in alignment with the environmental health and safety regulatory of government, International Standard Organization (ISO) management system and corporate guidelines.
- Implement environmental health and safety activities, including emergency response plan, incident/accident management, training implementation and performance management.
- Provide operational leadership to audit, inspection and risk assessment processes.
- Review and analyze audit results to confirm compliance with corporate, business and regulatory standards..
- Lead the fire fighting system management for assigned areas.
- Contribute to process safety and risk management by identifying and assessing high risk processes, conducting process hazard analysis, and taking appropriate action plan to ensure compliance standards are met.
- You will have some authority for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance, or disciplinary actions, and much of your time is spent completing the same tasks as the subordinate employees.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confirmed hazard and risk management skill.
- Minimum one year of directly related work experience
- One year of supervisory experience
- 4 years experience of environmental health and safety management system.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.