[Cargill Strategic Sourcing and Procurement] Associate Buyer
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
This Buyer will be responsible for country sourcing routine activities. In this role, you will coordinate and execute low to medium complex procurement requirements while provide inputs to the global category team.
- Execute medium complex requests for sourcing process.
- Drive implementation of local sourcing decisions and support local implementation of regional or global sourcing strategies.
- Provide local inputs to the global category team for category strategy development and execution.
- Build and apply a comprehensive understanding of local, stakeholder, and procurement landscape.
- Follow established procedures to select suppliers for procurement of non-contracted materials, goods, services and supplies.
- Administer transactions associated with obtaining goods and services.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 year experience in strategic sourcing in direct and indirect areas
- Understanding of procurement process in SAP
- Strong communication in English (verbal and written)
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Able to make good and timely decisions individually that keep the organization moving forward
- Reports on obstacles or difficulties to ensure resolution
- Have proactive communication skill
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES TO BE GAINED
- Experience managing and coordinating procurement processes
- Leadership in leading many different stakeholder
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.