Transportation & Logistics Intern
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
CTL Internship Program
Being part of the Cargill Transportation & Logistics Internship Program of Cargill Business Service Sofia you are an essential part of Cargill’s European CTL organization, working closely with the Shipment Execution Specialist providing logistics related services to Cargill production facilities all across Europe. You will learn and perform shipment execution and carrier support activities based on the needs and requirements of the Business units of Cargill in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The Internship is 6 months long, starting date June.
- Provide logistical solutions on inbound or outbound movement of raw material and/or finished product from origin to destination.
- Gathering and providing transportation related data to more senior team members for further analysis.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Track & Trace activities related to the movement of goods segmented by mode of transport
- Communication and follow up with a variety of internal & external stakeholders on a daily basis
- Coordination of loadout execution out of various Cargill production facilities
- Maintain internal transportation database and create customized reports.
- Conduct external and internal market research to obtain market conditions on transportation and logistics
- Partner with the team to resolve issues involving delayed payments and freight corrections
- Conduct Freight invoice validation, processing and timely payment
- Other duties as assigned
The decision in which team will be your assignment will be taken during the selection process based on the candidate’ performance and preferences.
Qualifications & Skills
- Academic background in related field of study – preferable in the 3rd or 4th year
- Fluency in English both written and spoken
- Interest to work in an ambiguous environment and with colleagues located
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Good communication skills
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, execute and track progress
- Fluency in other foreign language is an advantage
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.