Shipment Execution Truck Lead Packed
The Shipment Execution Truck Lead Packed will oversee the day to day transportation operations activities across the region for the business. In this role, you will lead, advise and make decisions on all major logistics and transportation activities for a team that covers shipment execution, client interaction, business and people partnerships, resource, budget and project management, data management, reporting and analysis.
- Lead performance across various aspects of internal and external customer interactions including cost, budget, safety requirements, incident tracking and problem resolution.
- Collaborate with other transportation and logistics functions and business units to effectively control service and costs to optimize transportation asset management, meet strategic goals and seasonal business requirements.
- Monitor key performance indicators and in-process metrics and recommend and implement improvements that impact operations related to transportation shipment execution and provide feedback to the internal stakeholders on best practices and benchmark standards.
- Collaborate with businesses to understand customer and product specific requirements and develop and implement solutions to meet those needs.
- Partner with the corporate transportation and logistics sourcing team to assist in contract and rate negotiations.
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships with transportation service providers, carriers and brokers.
- Ensure compliance with all company, government and regulatory agency transportation related requirements.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Advanced computer skills using standard office applications
- Analytical skills and ability to understand business practices and recommend proper automation opportunities
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and achieve results within determined timeframes
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Master's degree
- Knowledge of lean principles and practices
- Experience with customer and vendor relationship management and negotiation
- Experience and familiarity with transportation equipment and service providers
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.