Shipment Execution Specialist - night shifts
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Position Purpose & Summary
This position works with on Duty out of standard working hours carrier operations and business transportation models, such as limited activity with multiple modes connections and inter-modal interactions.
This position will independently conduct shipment execution activities across different plants of Cargill within Europe. Responsible for operations of more typical facilities with standard requirements of service. This includes communication during Out of Office hours with different Supply chain teams, reporting, shipment coordination, internal client base, business partnership, and cost effective shipments.
This position provides distribution, transportation, and logistic solutions on outbound movement of finished product from origin to destination. With limited supervision, executes order scheduling and logistics activities during Out of Office hours that support the the supply chain.
Load Tendering/Capacity Planning:
- Arranges the transportation between the plant and final destination. Ensures that awarded carriers are used on every possible occasion and reports on any deviation, whatever the reason.
- Ensure good working relationships with Cargill carrier operators and with outside carrier owners/operators.
- Communicates with warehouses and carriers to coordinate transportation of product to customer.
- Provides timely communication with carrier owners and operators, terminals, and maintains daily operational contact with clients and carriers on order/shipment information.
- Provides timely information to Shipment Execution team, sales, customer service, operations, management and material handling providers to assist with order/shipment changes to optimise costs.
- Addresses service incidents and identifies options for fast and effective resolution.
- Transport and order scheduling, packed order execution & consolidations.
- Operates within the transport strategy and resolves day to day issues in resourceful and effective ways.
- Responsible for order and transport scheduling during Out of Office hours and reporting of shipments according to sales orders.
- Ensures that sales order execution meets the requirements of both the producing plants and the customer.
Track and Trace:
- Ensure regular tracking of any shipments organized during Out of Office hours.
- Track and trace loads if needed from origin to destination.
- Solves possible issues by making decisions and escalating to local supervisor.
- Escalates any carrier or warehouse non- compliance with Cargill EHS and Food Safety requirements to local supervisor immediately.
- Job shadowing
- Acquiring knowledge on all systems and tools related to Shipment Execution activities
- Building relationships with all relevant stakeholders
- Participating in trainings and working groups
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Second European language is an advantage.
- Secondary or higher education level.
- Experience managing multiple priorities and tasks daily.
- Computer literacy.
- Process oriented.
- Focus on details.
- Responsibility and accountability.
- Time management and prioritization.
- University degree
- Knowledge & experience in the transportation and logistics area
- Understanding of supply chain processes
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.