Senior Compliance Specialist (Commodity Markets)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 155 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Senior Compliance Specialist will help design, develop, implement and promote awareness of the organization's business ethics policies. We seek a professional to apply in-depth knowledge and experience to investigate allegations of unethical activity and develop safeguards to eliminate future breaches. In this role, you may lead projects or steps within a broader project or be accountable for ongoing activities or objectives.
This position is responsible for collecting, analyzing and following up on data regarding derivative transactions, positions and accounts and related physical market activities across the global organization, monitoring for compliance with key regulatory rules applying to derivatives and ensuring that we meet external financial regulatory reporting requirements.
- Conduct initial review of alerts generated by the trade surveillance system and assess significance of flagged trades pursuant to guidance
- Cash and Derivative Transaction Monitoring and other monitoring activities as function evolves
- Independently monitor the organization's standards of conduct and ethical relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers, employees and communities.
- Handle complex problems, taking a new perspective on existing solutions.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Fluency in English
- Familiarity with the commodities/derivatives markets
- 5+ years of experience
- Previous regulatory compliance experience
- Database and system skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving and analytical skills and conceptual strength
- Good communication skills; ability to work across cultures and time zones
- Team player
- Organized and good sense of priorities
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.