Position Purpose & Summary
This position is responsible for the procurement of Plant Equipments (process equipment to stand alone smaller ones) sourcing activities in EMEA region for multiple production locations. The position holder will manage sourcing processes and procurement records, manage supplier events and relationships, and implement CSSP Equipments sourcing strategies.
The position provides sourcing and procurement support to a variety of businesses and will interact closely with plant operations and other Cargill departments (Transportation and Logistics, Strategic Sourcing, Business Supply Chain).
Implement Equipment sourcing strategies and manage suppliers’ relationships & agreements
- Support category organization in the development of Master category strategies
- Assist in obtaining forecasts, business critical customer requirements, local/regional supply market insights, supplier capabilities insights and responsible to manage local business stakeholder)
- Work with business stakeholders and category leads to develop sourcing strategies for determined equipment and relevant critical spare parts and maintenance services. (TCO model).
- Act as subject matter expert on category driven projects.
- Support the category organization in the execution of category strategies sourcing execution in Capex projects
- Assist in the development of supplier evaluation criteria
- Research local/regional supplier options
- Support/Lead Sourcing Execution
- Support/Lead contract negotiation
- Implement category strategies
- Execute and operationalize new supply arrangements (Equipment & relevant spare parts)
- Implementation of contract at location(s)
- Onboarding of select suppliers at location(s)
- Manage supplier relationship & performance
- Responsible for relationship management for significant suppliers (Global & regional); independently develops and leverages existing supplier partnerships.
- Works with applicable plant/location staff to research and resolve complex supplier performance issues; works directly with the category organization as appropriate to find resolution.
- Works with plant/location to develop capabilities of suppliers to enhance business continuity, drive value, innovation & sustainability
- Establish and maintains on-going tracking mechanisms for complex performance metrics, reporting on value captured across different businesses.
- Accountability for budgeted value delivery within his area of influence
Manage/execute tactical sourcing processes
- Responsible for managing tactical procurement process to select suppliers for procurement of equipment and spare parts considered non-leveraged, local spend within moderate Euro limits including:
- Gathering and performing complex analysis of internal spend data
- Gathering specifications/requirements from internal stakeholders
- Researching local supplier options
- Execute source to contract steps in line with CSSP policies.
- Responsible for relationship management of some significant local suppliers; may develop and leverage existing local supplier partnerships for Cargill businesses and sites for UK, No, Be and NL
- Contacts supplier and takes actions to research variances with supplier contract terms and conditions (systemic quality or service problems, etc...)
- Works with applicable plant/location staff to research and resolve supplier issues; escalates more significant issues directly to Strategic Sourcing organization to find resolution
- Work with Capex execution leads to establishes and maintains on-going Procurement tracking
- Calculate and report mechanisms for performance metrics, reporting on value captured at the local level
- You will team up with peers in other sub-regions or regions to ensure a common way of working and the exchange of different experiences
- Establishing contracts, pricing structures & vendor Management. for OPEX (spares parts, consumables & services) as part of TCO approach across Business Units’, realizing spend synergies across projects
- Will work with EMEA Strategic Sourcing organization for procurement of materials/goods, services and/or supplies in excess of established boundaries & limits
Provide procurement support & planning
- May act as a CSSP single point of contact for specific EMEA plants to answer specific immediate question(s).
- Gather and interpret business information and applies a general understanding of plant operations to provide general forecasting of medium-term supply needs and ensures purchasing plan is aligned
- Conducts research and analysis (e.g. internal/external data from traditional and non-traditional/non-structured data sources) requiring an advanced understanding of operations and business requirements (e.g. product development plans, marketing projections for new products, planned product line expansions, etc.) as well as sourcing environment (e.g. suppliers, cost drivers, international market dynamics, geopolitical risk (BREXIT), import/export laws, etc) for Business
- May act as subject matter expert on multi-functional, local project teams
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years of relevant business experience; 5+ years as Technical buyer in Industry
- Proven leadership skills of managing direct reports or leading project teams
- CIPS qualified or working towards CIPS equivalent (CIPS= Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (Professional body))
- Interpersonal skills and ability to engage and communicate with internal and external stakeholders at senior levels
- Critical thinker with strategic perspective and results oriented mindset
- Persuasive change agent capable of challenging conventional wisdom
- Ability to influence, work effectively and implement solutions in a team environment
- Understanding of production process operations, needs and requirements of key business and functions across multiple categories
- Experience with key service suppliers and ability to develop beneficial relationships
- Strong negotiation skills
- Team player
- English fluent
- Project Management Experience
- ERP (Enterprise Resource Program) knowledge, specifically in SAP SRM (Supplier Relationship Management Module), ECC (Enterprise Control Component) and MRP (Materials Resource Planning)
- Knowledge of Process Improvement Tools and Processes (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma)
- Experience within a Manufacturing environment
- International experience
- English + a foreign language.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.