Maintenance and Reliability Leader
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Maintenance and Reliability Leader will manage the maintenance of company assets within all applicable laws and procedures while achieving maximum plant reliability and availability performance and lowest overall costs through high maintenance efficiency. In this role, you will provide leadership, technical knowledge, and collaboration with operations to ensure integration of maintenance services in the attainment of short and long-term facility and group objectives. You will champion a cultural change focused on increasing plant reliability and performance efficiency, while minimizing unscheduled plant interruptions and reducing scheduled downtime using continuous improvement tools to optimize the company's physical assets, processes and strategies.
- Implement, deploy and oversee maintenance and repair processes, incorporating best practices for effective and efficient utilization of employee resources and improve environmental health and safety performance while ensuring compliance with maintenance and inventory standards and procedures.
- Deploy a continuous improvement process based on gap identification and elimination, performing group assessments and follow up on actions to manage risk and loss potential to personnel, equipment and plant operations.
- Promote and deploy a performance monitoring system with metrics focusing on asset reliability improvement, failure identification and elimination and communicate locally and regionally performance based on the plan.
- Develop a long term reliability plan to address facility operational improvement and sustainment and implement and track facility maintenance costs in accordance with effective reliability principles to improve the overall facility results.
- Contribute to the capital planning process, preparing relevant capital commitment information for assigned project work and ensure that maintenance resources are available and information and knowledge related to equipment reliability and maintainability are transferred to the project team.
- Develop plans and deliver results in a fast-changing business or regulatory environment, while leading and developing a team of experienced professionals and supervisors, coaching and making decisions related to talent management hiring, performance and disciplinary actions. You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of local and regional safety, health and environmental regulations
- Ability to communicate effectively within multiple levels of the organization to influence and build and maintain collaborative working partnerships
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Certified maintenance reliability professional (CMRP) certification
- Formal training in predictive maintenance technologies
- Three years of supervisory experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.