Trading Manager - Palm Oil
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Trading Manager will focus on managing risk for our palm plantations, provide trading support, manage a group of professionals to deploy risk management and financial risk that together allow product flexibility in trading and optimization strategies. In this role, you will work with a multi country landscape of competitive structured products to provide additional value to the business and will be responsible for your team's performance. You will deliver the results via collaboration with World Trading Group (WTG), Global Edible Oils Solutions (GEOS), China Oil and other stakeholder groups across the organization.
- Direct the development of more complex analyses of market trends, lead quantitative analysis and option book modeling to enable trading and hedging strategies to be executed with a high degree of confidence.
- Coordinate trading efforts across the risk management trading desks to create joint product optimizations or swap opportunities that meet the multifaceted needs of our customers and our internal trading.
- Develops a multi country or multi commodity trading view from quantitative, historical, and forward looking insights and is able to monetize this trading view through guidance of the traders on the team.
- Develop plans and deliver results in a fast-changing business or regulatory environment, while leading and developing a team of experienced professionals, coaching and making decisions related to talent management hiring, performance and disciplinary actions. You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience trading futures (option is plus), including all required regulatory training
- Track record of meeting targeted profits and confirmed ability to close performance gaps as they arise
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Three years of supervisory experience
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
- Maneuvers comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Highly collaborative and team player behavior.
- Entrepreneurship spirit to build a systematic approach and build trading capabilities.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.