Trade Execution Executive
Position Purpose & Summary:
This position is responsible to execute Cargill's Metals Trade Operations activities for international Steel cargo (IFT, International Ferrous Trading)
40% - Plan and execute the shipment as per the commodity contract:
- Interpretation of contracts terms and execute the payment which includes Letter of credit, DP / DA, bank guarantee, and etc as per the contract.
- Supervise the planning of cargo which includes vessel nomination, shipping advice, insurance declaration, discharge / load port agent appointment, and load / discharge operation.
- Manage shipping documents and payment which includes the ensuring of accurate invoices / shipping documents issued by the shipper.
- Maintain close contact with surveyors for preloading, loading, and discharging inspection.
- Proactively highlight and resolve risks and issues related to the execution of the shipment.
35% - Management of Contract:
- Ensure understanding and correct application of commodity contracts and contractual obligations.
- Negotiate the contract terms with external customers and manage internal alignment on contracts signed.
10% - Finalisation of the shipment execution:
- Settlement of AR / AP which includes laytime and cargo payments.
- Negotiate / settle the claims / dispute and respond effectively and proactively to problems
- Manage commissions and related invoices for payment approval.
15% - Others:
- Maintain frequent and positive relationship for both internal and external customers.
- Proactively foresee and highlight the opportunities, risk, and exposure.
- Liaise with the commercial, legal, treasury, trade structured finance, tax, ocean transportation, and accounting departments to resolve the problems which may arise from shipment related issues.
- Act as coach to develop team member’s skills and knowledge.
- Provide inputs on improvements for the effectiveness / productivity of trade execution work process.
Required Education & Experience:
- A university degree and at least 5 years of related experience in international trade of bulk cargo (steel cargo would be an added advantage).
- Strong knowledge of letter of credit, UCP rules, ISBP, Incoterms, and contract execution concept.
- Comprehensive knowledge in shipping and international practices like C/P terms and its relation to sales / purchase of contracts, laytime calculations, C/P B/L requirements, and insurance classifications
- Basic legal / accounting knowledge relating to the sales / purchase contract terms and execution issue / dispute / solutions.
- Experience in evaluating risk exposure and providing direction / inputs for next steps.
- Hardworking, patient, details orientated, and team player
- Proficient in MS Office.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and under high pressure.
- Very strong interpersonal agility and cultivates networks with people across the organisation.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.