Position Purpose & Summary:
To actively participate in exploring commercial opportunities alongside the Rest of Asia origination team and Global Risk Investor Group (RIG) team. The shortlisted applicant must have the ability to understand the needs and wants of our customers and provide them with financial solutions that can deliver value to both Cargill and our customers. You will be expected to work closely with Legal, Tax, Transaction Management, Risk, Cargill Business Units, as well as other regions to deliver the financial solutions for our current and future commercial relationships. Hence, you should have a mixture of Legal / Tax / Financial expertise and possess the ability to apply it to commercial relationships and with commercial mindset.
You should also have a deep understanding of the Asian market and knowledge of the corresponding business risks.
40% - Structure products based on current and potential market opportunities:
This is an important part of the role which involves innovation. Structurers are expected to come up with new product ideas or modifications to existing products as and when they see that such innovations would allow Cargill to generate new business, gain competitive advantage, or offer better value proposition and thus increasing the returns for the department. Adapting of existing solutions to fit the customers’ needs and limitations are also required.
30% - Lead and review documentations on on-going and new transactions:
Structurers are responsible for creating the documentation templates that would allow the implementation of the newly created ideas or implement existing products in new geo-markets. Structurers also need to maintain existing documentation of existing products by performing periodic reviews and implementation of all lessons learned out of their own or other geo-markets / implementation to ensure that the best practices go into the documentation.
15% - Lead the review and approval process for the implementation of structured products:
In addition to creating / maintaining documentation at structuring level, functional experts within and outside of the department are required to perform periodic reviews of existing structures / documentation. You are required to lead such a review process to ensure its timely completion and address all the comments raised by such functional experts.
15% - Customer facing with banks, corporates and Cargill Business Units:
You will also be required to attend meetings with clients and Cargill business units to gain new business. You are also required to work together with origination team and assist in discussion of complex financing solutions that we offer to our customers.
Required Education & Experience:
- University degree or equivalent in any field of study.
- Experience in deal management / coordination, document drafting, and risk analysis.
- At least 5 years of experience in structuring and / or reviewing trades or structured finance transactions.
- Experience in working with, structuring, or arranging the trade for structured or other transactions covered by ECAs.
- A strong commercial mindset and negotiation skills;
- Strong planning skills, including the ability to segment markets, target and analyse customer potential.
- Strong customer service skills with ability to build and maintain lasting relationships.
- Good command of English.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Excel, word, PowerPoint.
- Willing to travel up to 40% of the time in Asia
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge or exposure to financial / trade finance market (banks or other financial institutions) / project financing (government funding projects, construction loans, etc) / structured finance / corporate finance and capital markets.
- Knowledge or exposure on Foreign exchange markets and trading.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.