Senior Commodity Analyst
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The International Steel Commodity Analyst will be responsible for conducting highly complex trading analytics efforts. In this role, you will provide analysis of international steel markets and other economic considerations, development and deployment of highly complex models, tools and processes to influence the team to make strategic trading, risk management, margin enhancement and asset utilization decisions.
- Lead the development, enhancement and execution of highly complex models and processes to forecast and describe international steel price, supply and demand, relative value and global trends.
- Provide timely, accurate and actionable insights to trading team and key customers to drive strategic decision making.
- Lead the IFT insight engine through systematically connecting the different analytical components of the Steel business in a clean and concise way.
- Coach peers on the connections between the analysts and trading team, demonstrating the connection between market and benchmark analytics and the value added to the trading teams.
- Develop, coordinate and support initiatives for technology and data for trading data analytics in conjunction with stakeholders.
- Provide thought leadership for new data, technology, tools and innovation and establish processes to efficiently gather relevant data.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of trading business, risk management and an understanding of what information adds value
- Ability to influence global teams to build consensus around trading strategy
- Ability to quickly take disparate information and derive actionable insights
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and execute under tight timelines
- Experience with commodity supply and demand fundamentals and economics
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Master's degree
- Experience with complex modelling, coding, data science and big data management
PRIOR BENEFICIAL EXPERIENCES
- Experience developing, enhancing, executing tools, models, processes to forecast, describe price, supply and demand, relative value, and global trends.
- Experience collaborating and supporting other analysts and team members to deliver analyses that maximizes business competitive advantage.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.