Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate them. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status. Employees may be required to wear masks, depending on requirements of the business and public health requirements based on the spread of COVID in the community
Job Purpose and Impact
The Grain Buyer will represent the critical link between customers and the company's customer facing strategy. In this role, you will leverage broad supply chain access and robust risk management solutions, combined with specialty and sustainability strategies, to offer tremendous value to potential customers through a customer focused approach.
- Develop, strengthen, and expand long-term relationships with key customer and select commercial customer segments and partner with them to gain an in-depth working knowledge of their assets, profit expectations, risk management needs and local market drivers.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs to allow the utilization of our portfolio of solutions designed to consistently meet customer needs within key account segments.
- Partner with internal team members to position standardized offerings in areas of market access, risk management solutions, specialized supply chains and sustainability.
- Engage with customers in a manner that promotes an open and consistent flow of information from the company to enable the effectiveness and efficiency of solution offerings and execution.
- Build and deliver on annual customer business plans that are aligned with the company’s business strategy and deliver profitable growth.
- Consistently identify and communicate customer insights back into the business unit that can be utilized to create and enhance standardized customer segment value propositions, as well as overall business strategy development.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR equivalent experience
- Commercial and financial acumen
- Strong communication skills and capability to translate complex data and insights into a format easily understood by our customers.
- Commercial or sales experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.