Position Purpose & Summary
Ensure accurate/timely reporting of Trading Position and Estimated PnL on a BAU basis for China Domestic Steel businesses.
Make efficient the current daily process with regards to EOD position consolidation and PnL estimation through better organization / streamlining of the related processes at the BU level (i.e. covering all business lines under Metals Business).
• 30% Running the daily processes to ensure accurate/timely reporting of the trading position and estimated PnL to the Front Office traders and other key stakeholders on a BAU basis (including integration of new products / new indices / new pricing mechanisms to the BAU process)；
• 60% Make efficient the related processes around trading position consolidation and PnL estimation through system and process enhancements. This includes the maintenance of SOPs, Process Maps and SLAs documents and ongoing discussion with key stakeholders to better refine the processes / systems. Hands-on programming of the system enhancements is needed from time to time. This also includes putting in place operational controls while ensuring business growth is not hampered；
• 10% Managing the deliverables / dependencies with key stakeholders (Traders, Book managers, Finance, Risk) and ensuring operational controls are in place.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Should possess a bachelor degree from a reputable university / tertiary education institution with a good understanding of programming languages (e.g. VBA, R, Python, etc)
• Must possess good understanding of Position consolidation and PnL processes for physical commodities and Derivatives
• Must have ability to quickly understand the end-to-end PnL process for physical commodity trading
• Must possess good understanding of commodity futures contracts (e.g. SGX, SHFE, DCE) and basic understanding of freight
• Have the ability to translate complex business requirements into detailed process steps / system requirements for daily BAU activities
• Must also be able to build up a strong rapport with the commercial teams and other functions (e.g. finance, risk, etc) to ensure that the commercial team is well supported via more efficient processes and better operational controls.
• Must possess IT skill sets to automate current processes. Must have ability to program in different languages (e.g. VBA, R, Python, SQL) Skills
• Analytical and numerate
• Programming skills
• Good communication skills
• Continuous and process improvement mindset
• Process oriented
• Strong customer focus mindset
• Solid problem solving approach to work
• Preferably possess a Masters’ degree or better from a reputable university / tertiary education institution.
• Preferably have experience as a trading assistant or in a risk function for physical commodity trading
• Having good understanding of the business model and drivers of PnL for physical commodity trading is preferred
• Familiarity with physical trading commodity systems (e.g. ITAS) would be ideal
• Good understanding what Contract Desk, Finance, Supply Chain, and Trade executive require from trading teams Skills
• Fluent in English and Chinese will be an advantage
• Able to develop a working relationship with people of different ages, cultures and backgrounds
• Entrepreneur mindset to challenge status quo
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.