Strategic Marketing Manager
At Cargill, we aim to build world class commercial and marketing capability. We achieve this through commercial excellence culture, data driven insight and category / segment marketing strategy. This position is your chance to achieve your aspiration and value through category strategy and go to market leadership.
This is a high impact role to provide growth leadership in CASC China refined oils business, including:
• Play to win category and segment strategy
• Establish foundation and continue scaling up data driven marketing intelligence capability
• Promote through market insight and analytics, our branding as trusted advisor
• Inculcate best practice and discipline in Marketing, including customer segmentation and insight driven category market plan
To be successful in the role, you will possess a well-honed ability to build trust and respect with stakeholders across the business, including commercial leads, product line lead and product portfolio lead and other commercial peers. To achieve this, you will have demonstrated strong influencing and change management skills in creating alignment on strategy and processes, as well as being a compelling communicator.
This role is a critical member of the CASC Refined Oils marketing team. This position reports to CASC China Strategic Marketing & Branding Lead for Refined Oils. It owns the joined responsibility to support business growth, by setting the path for business category strategy, and best in class impactful marketing execution. The role will continue building leading market intelligence capability, to support our branding as trusted advisor.
30% Market Intelligence & Analytics
- Responsible for the development of the marketing research and marketing analytical approach required by category strategy / segment game plan
- Takes design & execution responsibilities for complex market research and market analysis projects and for the systematic and structured capture of consumer trend, industry dynamic, competitors’ move, category opportunities and threat
- Holds full knowledge in marketing research and marketing analytics, maintains expert industry knowledge across a specialized spectrum, and drives for continual upgrading of the approach taken to develop marketing research and analytics capabilities
50% Category Strategy & Segment Game Plan
- Translating market, customer and competitive insight as input into category strategy and segment game plan that support business organic growth and competitiveness.
- Defines value proposition for each category and segment, and core capabilities.
- Setting go to market execution plan including channels selection / development, positioning, and resource plan.
- Driving customer segmentation process aligned with category strategy and value proposition, as basis for resource allocation
20% Strategy & Game Plan Execution Follow Through
- Responsible for implementing category strategy & game plans in partnership with commercial, product line, FP&A and etc.
- Develops execution roadmap & measurement metrics to effectively track execution progress
- Leads periodical execution reviews with dashboard reports, surface challenges & roadblocks, and develop mitigation / remedy plans
Education, Experience, Skills
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
• 5 years and above of experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis, business analysis or industry research , management consulting, or strategic marketing focused in a specific focus area
• Experience in food industry, food service or other adjacent industries
• Well developed presentation and project management skills; A highly developed ability to frame and communicate issues in strategic terms, excellent consultative skills and good business sense is required.
• Self starter who is experienced at taking initiative and showing results.
• Excellent teamwork and mentoring skills
• Ability to facilitate and lead focus area dialogue and Q&A sessions with firm leadership
• Proficiency in MS Office
• High proficiency of English
• A sound understanding of both food industry and food service application
• Experience in driving regional market research, including agency briefings and management, data interpretation and insight development
• Proven ability to priorities and plan with strategic mindset, and also influence and integrate effectively across functions
• Strong quantitative analytical skill to facilitate market growth opportunity exploration
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.