Service Delivery Consultant
Position Purpose & Summary
The Service Delivery Consultant (SDC) as a subject matter expert, will lead our Service Operations organization in the Trading Portfolio and take on End to End Service Ownership in our applications. The SDC is responsible for building and maintaining a strong relationship with the Business Relationship Manager across the different Enterprises. The position drives value through adherence to compliance policies, harmonizing and aligning service level requirements, and ensuring IT costs are optimized.
The Service Delivery Consultant is responsible for managing the Service provider(s) for the Trading applications, related to sustain of overall service activities. The Service Delivery Consultant will engage with the Service provider(s) to drive for continuous improvements on cost, quality and efficiency of the services to enable the Trading portfolio to offer best practice market competitive services to the internal Cargill customers we serve.
The Service Delivery Consultant is a skilled professional who combines technical, IT process and business knowledge with a strong customer focus to deliver effective internal business/IT account management and rigorous IT supplier (internal & external) service level management. This position will drive standardization of services, establishment of service level agreements with the business, reporting on quality of services and continuous improvement planning. In addition, this position is also considered a subject matter expert in Trading Systems who help to identify potential change requests that are at risk and engage key stakeholders as required
In order to ensure Trading services continuity within the region, this position engages with the regional and cross discipline teams to address and monitor incidents to ensure a timely resolution and avoid business impact and escalations.
30% Service Delivery Management/Operations:
- Manage significant service issues and critical situations (severe and structural SLA breaches) within service operations (E.g. setup SWAT teams, establish crisis committees; manage communication to the business, etc.)
- Assist in the definition, documentation and activation of a service catalog with service level requirements for IT business services and manage service agreements/contracts
- Align with Service Provider(s) on day to day Application Managed Services activities to ensure incidents, service request and change requests are properly addressed and communicated with the business
- Participate in overall Trading applications portfolio roadmap and program planning as projects move from development into a sustain mode service introduction is properly planned and executed
- Manage regular service/ operating level agreements and contract reviews with both internal and external service suppliers and include colleagues throughout IT as appropriate.
- Produce and present service reports to key stakeholders identifying trends and patterns of interest
- Actively participate in supplier engagement by reviewing and agreeing on relevant service schedules and underpinning contracts
- Represent business interests and needs during service reviews with internal and external service suppliers
- Accountable for the set-up and management of a best in class Change and Release Management process that aligns to overall Cargill Global IT practices and policies
20% End to End Service Ownership
- Assist in the development and execution of strategies to effectively and efficiently deliver application maintenance and support activities across the APAC region for Trading applications.
- Develop resource and delivery plans to satisfy long term view of demand in alignment with BU and Global IT Strategy.
- Act as a tactical escalation point within Trading Applications Service Operations for Business Partners
- Assist Business Partners with the ongoing capturing and translation of business requirements into service requirements and service demand.
- Actively consult with Business in the appropriate use and deployment of service solution capabilities and IT services (e.g. inputs to business plans, advice on overall cost management opportunities, etc).
20% Relationship and service management
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external service providers including SOWs, SLAs, KPI and metric measurement and management ensuring continuous improvement process & operational leadership performance in alignment with expectations of the business.
- Ensures processes and tools are executed and implemented consistently in alignment with end to end service delivery. Play the primary contact for the Trading applications for implementation of application support processes (incident, change, release, problem, service management).
- Continuously improve connection between IT and business/functions, working with and through Business Partners.
- Represent Trading Portfolio in relevant governance teams to communicate/manage service levels, key project status, and vendor management as needed to help prioritize and manage investments for applications.
- Own the establishment of end to end service in alignment with service management strategy and capability including application roadmap creation and management in partnership with enterprise process and application portfolio strategy.
20% Total Cost Ownership
- Manage the Operational Finance Budgeting for APAC Trading Portfolio
- Purchase and Invoice Management
- Assist Business Partners to understand and plan for Operational run costs
- With with our Service Partners to optimize our operational costs
10% Regional Change & Release Management
- Performs analysis on highly complex, medium to long-term implementations of solutions considering cost, reliability, performance and business strategy
- Monitoring and following-up open aging change requests with the business and internal Global IT teams and ensure aging and backlog change requests are closed and/or resolved
- Escalate the change request if not resolved in timeline identified.
- Planning and oversight of Testing and Releases into the environment, ensure any release, outage, maintenance weekend is properly managed with the business
- Partner with Local external suppliers in the regional for any changes required in the 3rd party application
Education, Experience, Skills
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Business Management; OR equivalent experience
- 5 years of IT and business/industry work experience
- 2 years experience managing the delivery of services in a matrixed environment with a diverse portfolio of internal and external suppliers
- Ability to work across multiple functional teams to set direction, build consensus and solve problems
- Experience in incident and crisis management experience in a large scale, high availability organization
- Demonstrated experience with leading change initiatives, within an IT context, and in a complex, multi-faceted environment
- Strong knowledge of IT Service management processes and practices, or similar process oriented framework
- Demonstrated strong and effective communications skills and working relationships with colleagues throughout IT and the business at management level
- Knowledge of Infrastructure technologies and business applications, and their relationships
- Highly experienced in vendor management
- Business fluency in English
- Masters degree in Business or IT
- Experience in service design and implementation
- Demonstrated skill in managing the delivery of services provided by third parties and internal IT providers through definition and maintenance of SLA’s
- Knowledge of and experience with Change Management
- Business fluency in Chinese or Japanese
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.