Senior Risk Analyst
The Risk Management Group (RMG) plays a key role in supporting Cargill’s strategic objective to strengthen its trading and risk management capabilities.
RMG’s vision is to be a leader in risk management by successfully delivering on the following capabilities:
- Preserve value through preemptive identification and having a holistic perspective of market risk to prevent surprises
- Strengthen the our risk culture by expanding the risk-reward mindset and enhancing earnings through risk insights
- Provide meaningful portfolio visibility to support an integrated operating approach
- Promote an engaging risk culture and be recognized for best-in-class risk expertise
- Able to attract and develop top talent for Cargill
The Senior Risk Analyst will actively contribute to RMG’s success in delivering on these capabilities within the business they support while also focus on process improvement and modernization to align the businesses in which they are embedded with the multi-year RMG strategy. The Senior Risk Analyst will ensure that all significant market risks are properly identified, quantified, and communicated to support RMG’s value preservation mandate. In addition, this role will endeavor to partner with commercial teams and other functions to develop and effectively communicate meaningful insights on the risk profile at the business/enterprise levels.
This Senior Risk Analyst Role will support the Metals business. The Senior Risk Analyst will report to the Metals Risk Manager and will work closely with trading teams, as well as, other members of the Metals risk team.
35% Support the Risk Manager and trading team through the delivery of risk analysis and insights to enable and promote a risk-informed decision making mindset within the business. Specific areas of contribution include analysis of risk exposures, trading performance, and scenario-based analysis at the strategy, and portfolio level with a strong focus on the physicals markets. Given the emphasis on the physicals markets the candidate will ideally have prior experience in the commodity trading space.
30% Enable RMG to further enhance the quantification of the market risks in the business, and to work across the team to assist in developing the risk frameworks and relevant performance metrics for these types of activities.
20% The Senior Risk Analyst will play a key role in independently assessing the market, hedging strategies and the effectiveness of risk mitigation strategies; Provide independent assessments of trade timing, sizing, and historical outcome assessments, to support a robust and effective continuous improvement process within the business; Own and improve the risk reporting framework.
15% Help to mentor more junior members of the risk team across RMG and the global RMG team, and support the Enterprise Risk Lead in modeling Cargill’s leadership expectations, guiding principles, and behaviors.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior risk experience with 5-7 years of experience
- Prior experience in a trading environment with a preference for experience in the commodity markets
- Detail-focused, process-oriented and possesses excellent data management and report development ability
- Proven ability to operate in a complex environment and manage conflicting demands
- Self-starter, unafraid to query, question, or challenge assumptions
- Team-player, adaptable and well-rounded individual
- Strong communication skills in English and Mandarin
- Experience with R, Python and SQL
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.