Senior Pricing Analyst
Leading Strategic Pricing
Inspire commercial excellence culture
At Cargill, we aim to build a world-class commercial and product line team. We achieve this through driving commercial excellence culture, product line and portfolio management, data driven pricing process, and sales enablement support. This position is your chance to achieve your commercial aspiration and realize commercial value through best in class product line and asset commercial performance leadership.
This is a high impact role to contribute to the growth of CASC China refined oils business, including:
• An independent thinker & operator with high courage, curiosity and ambition to help build & strengthen a critical pricing capability
• Responsible for managing the development, implementation and execution of the Strategic Pricing processes to achieve the targeted prices/margins in selected categories / product lines
• Responsible for leading cross functional collaborations, from both commercial activities management to internal operations to ensure robust execution of pricing plans
• Inculcate best practice and enforce pricing discipline
• Promote and drive high performance commercial excellence culture
To be successful in the role, you will possess a well-honed ability to build trust and respect with stakeholders across the business, including commercial, market intelligence, product line manager, product manager. To achieve this, you will have demonstrated strong influencing and change management skills in creating alignment on strategy and processes, as well as being a compelling communicator.
This role is one of the most critical roles for the business in not just improving profitability but setting up the organization with capabilities and culture focused on value creation and effective commercial management and pricing framework.
Implementing & Managing Strategic Pricing Process 40%
1. Assess the as-is situation and feasibility of strategic pricing implementation, and develop category and product specific roadmaps for implementation
2. Develop pricing strategies at macro and micro level in-line with business strategy. This involves evaluating business strategy, internal variables & open opportunity, holding workshops with stakeholders and arrive at the pricing strategy that is used as a baseline for negotiations
3. Responsible for managing and execute the pricing strategy and tracking it periodically based on market and business conditions/response.
4. Build a tactical pricing framework, get internal alignment that may require coaching high-level stake holders, develop a value proposition, negotiation strategy, train customer facing sales/commercial personnel & if needed, be part of the customer-facing negotiation team
5. Develop and utilize pricing models and pricing tools
6. Creatively identify and execute on margin improvement projects to improve profitability.
7. Recommending pricing moves and competitive responses
8. Evaluate win/loss data for early signs of a change in market behavior
9. Drive effective price communications
10. Regularly review pricing strategy, processes, structure, skillsets required for continuous improvement and drive innovation
Business Results 20%
1. Responsible for achieving financial objectives for the business (Volume (MT) and Contribution Margin ($)
2. Responsible for improving the quality of the earnings by utilizing pricing concepts like Economic Value Added, Lifetime value of a customer & pocket margin
Project/Team Leadership 20%
1. Provide clear guidance, support, leadership and where required change management in the execution of the pricing projects in achieving the different product lines short term objectives and longer-term strategy
2. Partner with key stakeholders such as Commercial Leaders, Category leaders, Sales Manager, FP&A, MIDS and Supply Chain colleagues to drive margin delivery
3. Provide guidance to the Pricing analyst in the execution of the different analytical processes, dashboards and reports
Process & Technology 20%
1. Implement and provide governing oversight over the strategic pricing processes. Hold the pricing team and stakeholders accountable to the process
2. Provide guidance and be ready to get involved in implementing technological solutions for automating processes
3. Maintain pricing subject matter expertise, staying abreast of developments and best practices
Education, Experience, Skills
Minimum Required Qualifications
• 3-5 years’ experience in one or more of the following disciplines: Pricing, Business Analytics, FP&A, Commercial Management, Trading, Product Line Management; mature experience in profitability and pricing economics analysis
• Solid understanding of both commodities and specialties market and drivers of price movement; ability to deal with rapid market changes and make reactions in a timely manner
• Ability to apply statistical tool & methods for pricing analysis and generate insights based on data
• Technology savvy, fast learner on new data management / analytical tools
• Strong communication and influencing skills with hands-on mentality. Ability to present in front of business leadership.
• Demonstrated initiative, curiosity and potential to go beyond the described role
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels and functions of the organization
• High Business and Commercial Acumen and demonstrated capability and track record
• Fluency of English is a must
• High proficiency in building analytical frameworks and apply analytical tools (eg. excel, Power BI, Tableau)
• Business development / project management skills
• Solid finance knowledge for P&L and margin/price decision making
• MBA or Master in statistics, business analytics
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.