Junior Grain Analyst
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
We seek a Commodity Analyst who will be responsible for supply-demand analytics of China Grain, including but not limited to collect market information, monitor trading indicators, capture the industrial trend, evaluate market player behaviors and manage supply-demand balance. In this role, you will work closely with commodity traders to provide valuable insights.
• Collect data and closely work with team to maintain database from internal and external sources;
• Monitor market conditions, trends and market players to capture market sentiment and supply-demand balance;
• Develop and conduct trading-oriented analysis via collected data and market information, using qualitative and quantitative methods on different business cases;
• Conduct industry research including but not only limited to industrial policy, market player behavior, marketing strategies, pricing, margins, stocks, product sales and demands, using traditional and nontraditional data sources;
• Continuously improve work process to ensure smooth communication and efficient delivery;
• Keep exploring different data sources, analytical methodology and framework to better serve the trading needs;
• Develop and build network in feed grain market;
• Other duties as assigned;
KEY CHARACTER & BEHAVIORS
• Accountable to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals;
• Develop and deliver multimode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences;
• Full of curiosity and enthusiasm to learn the commodity and related industries;
• Interested in trading analysis with the spirit of exploration/critical thinking;
• Willing to travel and learn from the ground;
• Good at English written/oral and have basic analyze skills with critical thinking;
•1-2 years work experience of data analysis, better if have touched both qualitative and quantitative analysis;
•Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience;
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.