Government Affairs Manager
Position Purpose & Summary
The Government Affairs Manager will contribute to guiding and representing the company on legislative and regulatory affairs with elected officials and government officials in regulatory agencies. We seek a professional who will build and maintain relationships with governments, trade associations, industry coalitions, public services and other authorities to influence policies
- Act as a resource on regulatory matters with regard to product changes.
- Collaborate to prepare and organize forums and gatherings with government officials to exchange ideas and information on business activities and potential legislation that may affect the organization.
- Help ensure that the organization's interests are represented and protected in legislative proceedings and in the development of market rules and procedures.
- Participate as part of a team to develop and maintain policies and programs to ensure awareness of government legislation and regulatory issues that affect the organization.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Draft complex issue communications, including an overview of the issue or legislation, key players or stakeholders, timelines, and areas of interest to the company for review by more senior team members.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Preferred he/she has 5+ years government affairs experience in government or MNC
- Decent English capability in written and oral
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.