Director of Communications
The Director of Communications will be in charge of leading our internal and external communications strategies for Cargill’s Agricultural Supply Chain in the Asia Pacific region and Cargill’s global Metals trading business. We are looking for a leader that will demonstrate a deep understanding of the business and industry to ensure strategies drive outstanding results and outcomes.
As a Director of Communications, you’ll be a teammate that excels at collaborating cross-functionally and globally. We need someone who is a proven strategist with a first-class knowledge of communications tactics and channels and possess advanced organization skills. You’ll lead and manage a team, exhibiting expertise for talent management decisions related to hiring, development and performance. We look to you to manage communications strategies to navigate complex issues across multiple, global stakeholder groups.
• Lead and implement a coordinated, internal and external communications strategy for a function or enterprise within Cargill that aligns with the broader Cargill strategy.
• Implement new strategies, products and internal initiatives as they are launched.
• Lead all aspects of multiple delivery channels to support communications strategies for targeted audiences, aligning with global or local corporate initiatives.
• Measure efficiency to ensure strategic intent across key partner audiences including employees, customers, prospects, industry associations, general public, etc.
• Ensure global consistency and alignment among communications tools, processes and standards.
• Advise business leaders and subject matter guides on comprehensive communication strategies and activities.
• Partner with government relations, corporate responsibility, brand, law, human resources, the Sustainability Hub and other functions to identify public policy issues and partners that may impact the strategy, and jointly develop initiatives that best advance the business.
• Build and maintain a partnership with media, social, executive positioning, and enterprise communications teams.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, business or similar field
• Minimum 10 years of essential communications or similar experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Experience working in a global company
• Experience in or understanding of the XX industry
• Ability to motivate and guide employees across the globe that report indirectly
• Ability to translate complicated messaging into easily understood language
Skills and experiences you may gain in this role
• Ability to develop comprehensive communications strategies, plan and prioritize in a global setting across diverse markets and macroeconomic/geopolitical circumstances
• Ability to gain content approvals from a variety of stakeholders and uphold brand guidelines
• Ability to work in a global and matrixed organization • Ability to reward high performance and confront poor performance
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.