Demand Planning Manager
Position Purpose & Summary
This role will design and supervise the demand planning team through the creation of demand plans for crush and oil offering with high planning complexity, including data inputs, statistical forecasting, incorporation of commercial intelligence. The role is accountable for the demand planning activities in the CIBP process, demand planning metrics adherence and improvement, setting demand planning strategy and people/budget management. Collaboration with other functional leads, such as commercial, supply planning, FP&A, will be required to resolve escalated issues.
• Provides direct oversight to statistical forecasting activities including: inclusion of Product Lifecycle Management inputs, gathering and incorporation of commercial intelligence into the demand forecast, data maintenance relative to demand forecasting, process documentation is maintained and current
• Provides oversight and leadership in determining demand strategy and execution
• Be able to exercise judgement call and business acumen to challenge and drive to improve forecast accuracy
40% INTEGRATED BUSINESS PLANNING
• Direct accountability for preparing the Demand Planning inputs for the CIBP cycle
• Directly collaborate with the business leads to monetize the Demand Plan for the CIBP meeting
• Direct Responsibility for running the Demand Review and publishing the Consensus Demand plan and any action items
10% BUSINESS PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT/METRICS
• Defines and publishes Demand Planning metrics targets
• Reviews and provides feedback for actual measure vs. target measures and develops action plans to improve performance
• Directly responsible for publishing metrics and action plans as part of the CIBP process
• Direct oversight and leadership for continual Demand Planning process improvement focus
• Uses deep knowledge to lead root cause analysis to identify and correct forecasting deviations
10% PEOPLE/BUDGET MANAGEMENT
• Accountable for performance management, talent development, succession planning and engagement directly and through subordinate supervisors
• Manages and provides coaching and/or training to team, including coaching Cargill core values, Cargill CIBP processes and metrics, personal safety, environmental stewardship, community involvement and development of specific competencies/skills
• Responsible for budgeting duties within area of scope (forecasting, reporting P&L, etc.).
Education, Experience, Skills
Minimum Required Qualifications
• University Degree
• At least 3-5 years experience in Demand Planning
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.