Category lead - Equipment /Best cost country
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
Category lead - Equipment/BCC will collaborate with our team members to perform the most complex sourcing support activities for a category or subcategory regionally or globally. In this role, you will participate to solicit and analyze requests for proposals, negotiate contracts and coordinate supplier integration plans with internal clients for goods and services.
- Understand business requirements for the most complex categories, develop subcategory strategies & drive execution through implementation of projects.
- Develop and maintain awareness of Best Cost Country sourcing opportunities. Provide leadership to Equipment Category buyers in sourcing activities related to Equipment/BCC
- With limited oversight, support the day-to-day, complex activities within local sourcing.
- Participate in local or regional or global supplier selection and negotiations, may lead more complex selection and negotiation.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Four-year college degree in business, procurement, supply chain, engineering or related degree program
- 8+ years relevant experience in supply chain and/or strategic sourcing
- Experience helping lead and facilitate implementing a highly complex sourcing strategy
- Ability to effectively communicate analytical findings/recommendations/models, both verbally and in written form to senior management in a professional, concise, and direct manner. English language is must
- Demonstrated ability of strategic thinking – ability to move from broad to specific content
- Strong experience leading regional projects, aligning stakeholders and driving category initiatives
- Ability to research and identify problems, develop proposals, conduct analysis independently and in collaborative with others
- Ability to understand core business goals and establish processes or programs to help the function move the needle forward
- Ability to manage numerous competing priorities and deliver exceptional results
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.