Trade Compliance Operations Manager
The Trade Compliance Operations Manager will optimize efficiency of trade operations in the Central Europe and West Africa region. In this role, you will manage complex tasks including data management, reporting and analysis, government agency interaction, trade compliance operations, client interaction and business partnerships.
Oversee and control global trade compliance operations for the region or subregion and report performance metrics and dashboards.
Build and foster relationships with internal and external partners, focusing on developing cross border solutions that add value to customers and support business plans.
Apply trade compliance and operations principles on export controls and government agencies to handle complex issues and procedures to make final decisions on day to day activities for the region.
Approve strategic direction for the trade compliance operations team in a geographic region or subregion and for complex tasks using extensive and detailed trade compliance knowledge.
Resolve issues and advise businesses about potential risks of their global trade compliance operations, implementing actions to mitigate risks.
Leverage industry best practices and knowledge of single window and supply chain security program management to develop cross border solutions that benefit company businesses.
Analyze compliance operations risk exposure and process improvement and provide direction and input for next steps.
Develop plans and deliver results in a fast-changing business or regulatory environment, while leading and developing a team of experienced professionals and supervisors, coaching and making decisions related to talent management hiring, performance and disciplinary actions. You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with enterprise resource planning and trade compliance systems
- Good working knowledge of trade compliance related activity including harmonized tariff schedule codes, country of origin, duty optimization regimes, special trade programs and export sanctions and controls in the assigned region or subregion
- Experience in import and export trade compliance
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Ability to travel 25% of the time (this could be more if you are working remotely)
- Transfer pricing and valuation knowledge
- Experience in working in a multinational company
- Hands on operational trade compliance experience
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage people remotely
- Demonstrated advanced competencies in free trade agreements and global contract renewal
- Experience of working with OGA’s (Other Governmental Agencies)
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.