Supply Chain Planning Team Lead
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
Position Purpose & Summary
Leads and provides direction to Raw Material, Supply Chain and Inventory Planners, and oversees all day-to-day supply, production and inventory planning activities across the CASC planning team in Schiphol covering all oilseeds plants and products in the Benelux. This Medium Sized Network has moderate/High Planning Complexity. Leads, advises and makes decisions on all major supply, production and inventory planning activities for a medium sized team across medium-short term planning horizons and medium-high impact on working capital. These activities include supply, production and inventory planning, process development, planning & execution, customer & client interaction / business partnership, systems / data management & reporting, and people, talent & budget management.
This role may include an on-call rotation schedule
50% SUPPLY, PRODUCTION & INVENTORY PLANNING
- Using substantial knowledge and robust experience, defines inventory strategy and segmentation including incorporation of other relevant strategies and collaboration with other functional areas necessary in determining strategies
- Utilizes broad knowledge of supply chain to engage with Supply Chain Planning COE as needed on CIBP development, Planning Projects, Network Design and Optimization projects
- Provide support and input to development of long-term supply plans, master production plans and distribution plans
- Provide support and input to development and execution of inventory plans and managing working capital while improving customer service level
- Support and input to Material Requirements Planning activities including calculation of material needs, and considering requirements based on trading positions
- Partners with team members on data maintenance relative to supply planning, production planning and inventory planning
- Provides guidance and support for appropriate issue resolution of mid and near-term tactical issues including involving the appropriate functional areas in decisions
- Provides oversight and leadership on all supply, production and inventory planning processes including maintenance, reviews and updates to the processes
- Provides guidance on working capital reduction and tracking methods to show the reductions
- Provides direction to drive collaboration between Master Planning, Supply Chain Planning and Raw Material/Inventory Planning
- Provide support and input to the development of the detailed production schedule from the master production plan
- Provides support and input in utilizing the long-term planning targets in near and mid-term tactical planning activities
- Supports and provides input to process adherence to daily production schedule creation, publication and exception management
10% INTEGRATED BUSINESS PLANNING
- Direct accountability for preparing the Supply and Inventory Planning inputs for the CIBP cycle including necessary PPM inputs, capacity scenarios and recommendations or input as directed by Manager I
- Directly collaborates (or supports Manager I) with the business Finance Lead to monetize the Supply and Inventory Plans for the CIBP meeting
- Direct responsibility (or support for Manager I) for running the CIBP Supply and Inventory Review meeting and publishing the Supply Plans and any action items
- Collaborates with other functions on CIBP actions and process improvements as appropriate
20% BUSINESS PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT/METRICS
- Reviews and publishes Supply and Inventory Planning metrics targets
- Regularly reviews and analyzes actual measures vs. target measures and provides input to the development of action plans to improve performance
- Directly responsible (or provides support) for publishing metrics and action plans as part of the CIBP process
- Contributes to continual Supply Planning and Inventory Planning process improvement focus
- Uses broad knowledge to lead root cause analysis to identify and correct Supply and Inventory Planning process deviations
20% PEOPLE, TALENT & BUDGET MANAGEMENT
- Accountable for direct performance management, talent development, succession planning and engagement.
- Manages and provides coaching and/or training to team, including coaching Cargill core values, personal safety, environmental stewardship, community involvement and development of specific competencies/skills.
- Participates in selection of direct reports and other employees; determines resource need, plans for future workforce needs, and may independently make selection decisions.
- Responsible for budgeting duties within area of scope
- University Degree or equivalent
- 7 years’ experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in Supply Chain Planning
- Operational planning experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Solution / Result driven
- Commercial affinity
- Fluent in English
- IT affinity
- Supervisory experience
- Fluent in Dutch
- Other language (French, Spanish, German)
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.