Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Supply Chain Customs Specialist will ensure compliance on moderate complexity, routine cross-border trade tasks, using basic trade compliance knowledge. You'll ensure compliance with country and foreign government regulations related to the international movement of goods. In this position, you'll focus on executing the controls established and provide assistance by conducting customs-related research and analysis required. Utilizing a general understanding of customs practices and procedures with some oversight from more senior team members . As an effective communicator, you'll demonstrate, contribute and follow the business strategy with Cargill values and high performance.
- Execute controls to align with risk-control framework and guidance from centers of expertise to resolve cross-border issues.
- Serve as subject matter expert for trade compliance, with support from senior team members, to inform partners of changing government regulations and trade practices.
- Identify and resolve issues in coordination with appropriate resources, and evaluate the need for internal escalation.
- Support risk analysis and process improvements with senior team members, perform trade compliance reviews and post-transaction testing to adhere to defined processes and controls.
- Prepare periodic reports related to trade compliance, and assist with internal and external reporting and analysis.
- Help train team members to ensure program compliance.
- Execute continuous improvement strategy across locations with limited oversight.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of customs regulations and free trade zone management
- IT affinity (ERP systems, relevant tooling)
- Customs Declarant License or equivalent strongly preferred
- Experience managing SAP and GTS (Global Trade Services) module.
- Knowledge of foreign exchange controls
- Minimum four years of experience in customs, import/export, operations
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/