Senior Cocoa Trader
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
As a Senior Cocoa Trader, you will be a key member on Cargill’s global cocoa trade desk, in Amsterdam. This is an integrated desk, bearing responsibility for both the sourcing of cocoa beans for Cargill’s global processing facilities, and Cargill’s trading and risk management activities on the futures markets.
You will play a pivotal role in Cargill’s risk management of cocoa, hedging our physical cocoa bean and cocoa product flows on the futures and options market. You will be expected to bring trading ideas to generate revenues from proprietary positioning in the options and futures markets. Also, you will be responsible for cocoa sourcing from a specific origin.
- Execute and monitor the short term trading strategies and books for a specific commodity, market or customer based on speculative and hedged positions
- Lead our proprietary trading & risk management for derivative (incl. hedging) department
- Managing a team of 2-3 senior/junior traders/analysts
- Analysis of market dynamics and discrepancies, thereby generating trading ideas with targeted PnL outcomes
- Track customer and competitor activity and industry trends and advise about the cocoa market dynamics to suppliers, customers and internal stakeholders while managing supply chain risk, quality risks and supplier exposure
- Ensuring support to bean procurement and to sales organization for a smooth execution of day to day business in case of managing the hedge flow
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Master’s degree, preferably (business) economics, maths, physics, finance
- Minimum of three years of trading experience
- Trading /merchandizing skills, preferably commodities (futures & physical), but also possible equities, forex, derivatives
- Fluent in English and preferably French or Spanish
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.