Finance Management Trainee Netherlands
Launch your career engaging in meaningful work!
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive – a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. Our purpose is to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Every day, we connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with food. We combine our experience with new technologies and insights to serve as a trusted partner for food, agriculture, financial and industrial customers in more than 125 countries. We offer a diverse, inclusive and inspiring working environment where you will grow personally and professionally.
Location: Schiphol, Netherlands
Start date: September 2021
What is the Financial Management Trainee Program about?
We seek to develop top diverse talent towards future expert and managerial roles for our financial function at Cargill. The program offers access to accelerate development on the job and through other channels during a 24-month program which may include depending on your area of expertise:
- Developing knowledge around the relevant processes to support the country businesses.
- Participating and being involved in general finance activities in other countries.
- Assisting the financial team with the Profit and Loss (P&L) preparation.
- Collaborating with the commercial and trading teams and developing into a business partner.
- Providing expertise in our SAP processes to meet the finance procedures.
- Learning from experts, developing technical and soft skills and receiving coaching from your manager and peers.
- Participating in structured learning (digital and instructor led) to develop your technical, professional and leadership skills with peers across Europe, Middle East and Africa, learning from each other during the different sessions of the Cargill European Graduate program.
- Building a peer network across Cargill.
The trainee will have 3 major assignments supporting different finance teams based in the Schiphol office. These might as well be organized within different Cargill Business Groups. This will enable your development not only as a finance person but also as a reliable business partner.
Within the 2 years of traineeship you will participate in special projects (sometimes in another country and/or across EMEA) which could include new corporate initiatives and will perform various other tasks as assigned by their manager. As SAP is the finance system of choice for Cargill, the expectation is that this position will be involved in SAP processes to meet the Finance procedures.
What you will bring to Cargill (REQUIRED)
- Master degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting and Control, Audit or other related field.
- Proficiency in English.
- Not more than 2 years of work experience. Relevant internship experience in an international company would be considered a plus.
What you will bring to Cargill (PREFERRED)
- Flexibility: be willing and ready to work in a fast changing environment with a lot of challenges and opportunities to grow.
- Strong analytical skills and business insight: be able to detect a problem, analyze it and work with big volumes of information in order to fix it.
- Self-starter: highly motivated and able to work independently. Willingness to take ownership and initiative. Demonstrated experience in prioritizing work and meeting deadlines.
- Stress resistant: be able to operate in an environment with a lot of ambiguity.
- Teamwork; ability to work in cross-cultural and cross-functional teams.
- Fast learner and oriented to self-development.
We will provide a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will challenge and stretch you. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest private companies in the world!
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill is also aligned with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.