Commercial Management Trainee - Cocoa & Chocolate
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Launch your career engaging in meaningful work!
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive – a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. Our purpose is to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Every day, we connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with food. We combine our experience with new technologies and insights to serve as a trusted partner for food, agriculture, financial and industrial customers in more than 125 countries. We offer a diverse, inclusive and inspiring working environment where you will grow personally and professionally.
Location(s): Schiphol, Netherlands
What is the Commercial Management Trainee Program about?
We aim to develop top diverse talent towards future expert and managerial roles for our trading and merchandising function at Cargill. The program offers access to accelerate development on the job and through other channels during a 24-month program which include:
- Understanding the cocoa industry and the supply and demand factors that impact market behaviors.
- Understanding drivers of Profit and Loss and the ability to take commercial decisions.
- Developing knowledge on Cargill's trading and hedging strategies, tactics and practices.
- Learning on the job, developing technical and soft skills and receiving coaching from your manager and peers.
- Participating in structured learning (digital and instructor led) to develop your technical, professional and leadership skills with peers across Europe, Middle East and Africa, learning from each other during the different sessions of the Cargill European Graduate program.
- Building a peer network across Cargill.
Upon successful completion of the program you will embark on an exciting commercial career in Trading & Merchandising with one of the Cocoa & Chocolate EMEA product lines. Kick-start your career now and use the opportunity to step in a challenging commercial role by 2022.
What you will bring to Cargill (REQUIRED)
- A completed Master degree with major in Finance, Economics, Trade, Sales, Management or Business Engineering.
- Up to 2 years of work or internship experience in relevant areas
- Fluency in English.
What you will bring to Cargill (PREFERRED)
- Entrepreneurial and commercial mindset.
- Numerical and analytical capabilities; ability to proactively identify and resolve problems.
- Proven natural leadership and interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Teamwork; ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-functional teams.
- Self-starter; highly motivated and able to work independently. Willingness to take responsibility and initiative. Demonstrated experience in prioritizing work and meeting deadlines.
- Fast learner and oriented to self-development: curiosity to learn and create new way of building and/or improving systems and processes.
- Flexibility, resilience and managing ambiguity; able to cope with fast changes within a growing company and see opportunities in change.
- Risk appetite.
- High integrity and ethical standards.
The successful candidates will be contacted by our recruitment team and invited to a phone interview with the recruiter.
We will provide a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will challenge and stretch you. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest private companies in the world!
What’s different within Cargill is our inclusion and global gender parity aspiration. You can find a few of the stories of diverse talent that make up the trading, merchandising and global trading analytics teams at Cargill. Access their stories here: https://www.cargill.com/story/the-future-of-trading-is-more-female
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Learn more on our Cargill Cocoa & Chocolate initiatives including the recent “House of Chocolate” complex here or follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.