Category R&D Leader Foodservice Fats and Oils
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Category Research and Development Leader Foodservice Fats and Oils will identify, set and drive strategic direction for the category, using our global research team. We seek a leader who will collaborate with internal and external key partners to drive and support our business objectives and growth strategies through innovation, new product development and research. In this role you will complete the work through your team by developing and nurturing a strong team that has the capabilities to execute and support the business' innovation, new product development and research needs.
- Develop category strategy by collaborating with global category leaders.
- Build the product line architecture by finding opportunity spaces for the category and to make strategic choices on objectives and targets.
- Build strong functional working relationships, collaborating with internal and external leading academics, institutes and companies to influence and drive areas of research as well as anticipate trends.
- Partner with business leaders and customers to find opportunities to utilize emerging research and technology innovations and identify areas for future business growth.
- Develop and align strategic research plans and priorities across research teams and businesses to create consistencies and efficiencies.
- Ensure programs, processes and control mechanisms comply with laws, regulations and company policies.
- Create and maintain the budget and expenses for the research team, align resources to deliver on strategic plans and develop programs that create operating efficiencies.
- You will provide strategic leadership, development and talent management for direct reports and their organization, which may include forecasting resource needs, recruiting, hiring, performance management, training and budgeting. You will also coordinate subordinate managers and supervisors in selecting staff to align with current and future needs of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific, technical discipline
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Research and development work experience with foodservice fats and oils
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience (with direct business to business or business to customer experience with a minimum of five years in a strategic role)
- Post graduate degree in the fats and oils space
- Fluent in other languages beyond English
- Minimum of five years of supervisory experience in a matrix organization
- Minimum of 15 years research and development work experience (with direct business to business or business to customer experience) and minimum 5 years in strategic role.
- Minimum of 10 years research and development work experience in fats and oils, specifically targeted at frying and food service applications
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.