Senior Data Scientist
The Senior Data Scientist applies strong technical skills to creating predictive models. In this position you will be leading projects that use standard statistical forecasting and machine learning techniques that also capture external inputs, to develop solutions that help deliver significant value to Cargill’s businesses and functions.
- Design, develop and code models by applying algorithms to large data sets from a variety of sources.
- Analyze data, develop models, tune for accuracy and deploy models.
- Translate complex and ambiguous business problems into project charters, clearly identifying technical risks and project scope.
- Collaborate with business partners to develop projects aligned with business strategies and ensure strong communication of technical solutions to non-technical audiences.
- Collaborate with teams of data scientists, data engineers, software engineers and business subject-matter specialists to ensure timely delivery of data science models within budget.
- You will serve as an expert in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues/problems. You may provide direction to lower level team members and be a key contributor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience, Master's degree or other post-secondary degree, Doctorate degree Data Science, Computer Science, Math, Engineering.
- Knowledge of feature engineering and selection techniques
- Experience with model tuning, deployment and monitoring
Solid expertise with Python
- Experience with Machine Learning and automation Projects for plants and warehouse
- Develop and deliver multimode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Learn through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Make sense of complex, high-quantity, and sometimes contradictory information, to effectively solve problems.
Solid expertise with Python
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES TO BE GAINED
- Stronger technical acumen.
- Stronger communications skills. .
- Project identification and development skills.
“At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment”.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.