Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Product and Process Development Associate Director will lead routine activities of the group product and process development organization as a member of the leadership team. In this role, you will ensure that projects are delivered within agreed timelines and budgets by translating customer and market needs and manufacturing process improvement opportunities into innovative products and process solutions.
- Build a high performing, highly engaged product and process development team to create vision, strategic workforce planning, talent development, succession planning, organizational development, engagement, communication.
- Provide leadership and advisory on how to execute our innovation and continuous improvement portfolio and product line architecture.
- Responsible for the successful completion of selected projects within global product and continuous improvement portfolio, according to agreed time frames and budgets.
- Initiate and monitor the execution of long term innovation projects at core research and development or external innovation suppliers, such as universities or start ups.
- Responsible for technology scouting and providing technology leadership and advice to operations to develop core sensory competencies within the team and drive the execution of the global sensory program.
- Lead intellectual asset management strategy related to projects and monitor the external environment for intellectual property against defined focus areas that could impact the designated group or the company.
- Develop plans and deliver results in a fast-changing business or regulatory environment, while leading and developing a team of experienced professionals and supervisors, coaching and making decisions related to talent management hiring, performance and disciplinary actions. You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong related work experience
- Fluent English is required
- Demonstrated effective portfolio and project management skills
- Previous supervisory experience
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.