Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Global Advanced Manufacturing Analytics Program Lead is a member of the Food Ingredients and BioIndustrial (FIBI) Enterprise Smart Manufacturing team. In this position you will work with a wide variety of stakeholders across the operations space including but not limited to, Manufacturing Technology, Reliability Excellence, Capital Excellence, Production Excellence, FSQR, EHS and Operations leadership to develop the FIBI Roadmap of Advanced Analytics solutions. You will work closely with subject matter experts and regional and plant deployment teams to develop and/or refine business cases, identify the appropriate advanced analytics approach, define requirements, plan pilots and develop scaling plans for Advanced Analytics solutions across FIBI Manufacturing facilities. In this position, you’ll be responsible for planning and monitoring progress of solutions in a coordinated FIBI Program approach. You will provide strategic vision, reviewing the project and product proposals with sponsors, process owners and subject matter experts to resolve time frame, funding limitations and procedures for developing and deploying advanced analytics solutions across the FIBI enterprise as well as ensuring outcomes of the program are met and integrated into the overall FIBI Smart Manufacturing portfolio. This position will take a lead role in training and mentoring to create a more data-driven culture and drive the use of advanced analytics across manufacturing facilities within the FIBI enterprise.
- Independently identify and resolve obstacles to developing solutions & products, piloting (MVP) and scaling across the FIBI enterprise as applicable to deploy the projects within the program on time and to budget while ensuring capabilities are met.
- Develop the advanced analytics requirements and standards for use cases and ensure adherence to standards and a global program approach in partnership with subject matter experts including enterprise and corporate data science and analytics teams.
- Monitor and report on the status of minimum viable products (MVPs), products and projects including cost, timing and staffing.
- Organize cross-functional product and project teams, assign responsibilities, develop schedules and resolve resource requirements to meet program objectives.
- Provide expert thought leadership in the field of Advanced Manufacturing Analytics and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems keeping abreast of industry trends. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- You will develop relationships with external vendors, understand functional capabilities of commercial software, and collaborate with other internal experts (such as Data Scientists and the Enterprise Data & Analytics teams) to guide businesses on cost-effective solution selection for various analytics use cases.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical field or 15 yrs equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Previous project or program management experience.
- Experience developing business cases.
- Experience working with multifunctional teams.
- Demonstrated experience developing and deploying advanced analytic solutions within Manufacturing facilities
- Fluent in English
- Ability to travel up to 25% (travel may be international and could have peaks to support program needs)
- Advanced degree in chemical engineering or related field
- 5+ years in the development and deployment of advanced analytical tools in an industrial setting.
- Understanding of data science principles (multivariate statistics, machine learning, optimization, etc.)
- Understanding of Lean Six Sigma and Stable operations principles in manufacturing
- Experience with plant data historian software
- Previous experience on global projects or programs with demonstrated ability to be effective virtually working across geographies and cultures
- Previous experience with innovation projects
- Understanding of Agile work processes
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet