Classification and Free trade agreement Sr. Consultant
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your trade/customs compliance career? Join Cargill's Global Trade Compliance Team who is the strategic enabler of compliant global supply chains for Cargill and its food, agriculture, financial and industrial customers.
Advisory Solutions, part of Cargill’s Global Trade Compliance Team, determines and manages sensitized customs data including usage of more than 100 trade agreement globally to enable world-class execution of trade and customs compliance processes and special programs.
The Customs Advisory Analyst III will ensure requirements are met for sensitive custom data and comply with applicable government laws and regulations. We seek a professional who will classify (define the NCM code and complete customs description) and validate the origin (Free Trade Agreement/ FTA applicability) for Cargill entities within a region. In this role, you will collaborate with other global trade compliance team members to resolve escalations, analyze data to deliver required insights, interact with clients and support projects.
- Contribute to customs data projects, special trade programs and implement regulatory requirements (mainly Brazilian DUIMP – Product Catalog project).
- Support process improvements that identify significant customs benefits and mitigates risks.
- Use technical customs knowledge to validate classification codes and country of origin, review customs data and provide insights to business, operational and functional partners.
- Support development of guidelines, tools, templates and instructions to ensure compliance of sensitive customs data.
- Support external queries, ruling and audits related to customs valuation, classification, etc.
- Coach indirect reports.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration with focus on foreign trade or Law
- Solid experience in Trade Compliance;
- Proven experience with trade Agreements and Classifications;
- Advanced knowledge in World Customs Organization (WCO) Harmonized System Convention, ALADI and MERCOSUR;
- Fluent English
- Knowledge about Single Window (Portal Único) and Product Catolog (Catalogo de Produtos)
- Position will be based in São Paulo
- Intermediate Spanish.
- Certified Customs Specialist or equivalent.
- SAP global trade services knowledge.
- Understanding of customs regulations and programs.
- Ability to lead projects.
“At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment”.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.