Category Lead - Energy·Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
This position is part of Strategic Sourcing & Procurement and is responsible for leading the sourcing of energy (electricity, natural gas, steam, etc.) for the business units in Brazil. This position is key for managing activities related to strategic energy purchases, market intelligence, support for business efficiency projects, stakeholder’s relationship as well as position controls, risk reports, and credit compliance.
The Category Lead – Energy will develop and implement global sourcing strategies for energy and will be responsible for identifying, creating and capturing value for the corporation including mitigating price risk. In this role, you will have accountability for achieving established targets by identifying strategic opportunities and providing direction to guide and lead negotiations.
- Develop and maintain energy expertise, synthesize all technical and economic drivers by building relationships with key business partners and understanding competitive dynamics.
- Lead and implement energy sourcing strategies and leverage leading market positions to establish a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Align with regional risk, management and sourcing directors and leads to develop a multifaceted global sourcing strategy that optimizes value creation for the company.
- Communicate detailed market intelligence with stakeholders and other audiences to support our commercial approach.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics or Engineering;
- Solid experience in the Energy Sector;
- Strong knowledge of negotiation and sourcing processes;
- Analytical skills to evaluate markets and support decisions, and to analyze projects on an economic/financial basis;
- Knowledge of energy markets in Brazil (main products, players, risks, rules, etc.);
- Intermediate Microsoft office;
- Advanced English is mandatory;
- Strong communications skills .
- Intermediate Spanish
- Experience in purchasing and supply chain for the category
- Experience with customer segmentation and pricing strategy.
“At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment”.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.