Brazil Trade Compliance Operations Manager
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Brazil Trade Compliance Operations Manager will optimize effectiveness and efficiency of the country while leading moderately complex and demanding trade compliance operations activities to deliver high-quality service across multiple businesses, enterprises and projects. In this position, you'll oversee government agency and client interactions, data management and analysis, and management of people, resources, budget and projects.
Lead and manage a subordinate team, exhibiting authority for talent management decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions.
- Provide oversight and control for global trade compliance operations in Brazil, and report performance metrics and dashboards for the country.
- Manage client interaction and business partnership using business and technical knowledge of Brazil trade compliance laws, regulations, practices and procedures to build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners with focus on developing cross border solutions that add value to customers and supports business plans.
- Apply a thorough understanding of trade compliance and operations principles in Brazil to manage complex substantive issues on procedures, and make final decisions that impact the country.
- Approve strategic direction for the trade compliance operations team in Brazil related to complex tasks utilizing extensive and detailed trade compliance knowledge.
- Develop and maintain relationships with strategic stakeholders such as customs brokers, other government agencies (ANVISA, MAPA, and Ministerio da Economia), and trade compliance associations.
- Provide coaching and manage talent development, succession planning, training and engagement for the trade compliance operations team.
- Evaluate analysis on compliance operations risk exposure and process improvement, and provide direction and input for next steps.
- Oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of processes for the trade compliance operations team in Brazil, focusing on process improvement to enhance performance, reduce execution costs and/or increase efficiencies.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience in foreign trade and trade compliance
- Proven experience with people management
- Advanced knowledge on Brazilian customs regulations, Nota Fiscal, and SISCOMEX (Sistema de Comércio Exterior)
- Solid experience in global trade compliance operations with knowledge on government agencies such as: ANVISA, MAPA, and Ministério da Economia.
- Deep Incoterms 2010 and 2020 knowledge.
- Proven ability to oversee teams in a high stress, time sensitive environment. Ability to lead the team to accomplish the vision.
- Proven ability to manage cross-border trade compliance operations service performance across multiple businesses.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal.
“At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment”.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.