Country Tax Lead
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
Responsible for the management and oversight of tax activities, including decision making on compliance, development of tax solutions and advice, resolution of legal disputes and audits, as well as people management for the three business of Cargill in Colombia. This role will be aligned to the Regional Central America Tax Hub, counting on experience and synergies acquired in the region.
- Implement the tax Regional tax plan for control and Compliance for Cargill subsidiaries in Colombia, joint ventures, business staff and other tax department personnel.
- Implement the Regional tax plans and oversight the work of the local tax team to resolve tax work issues to minimize significant tax risk and optimize significant tax filing positions for Cargill.
- Provides guidance and oversight for the preparation of all Country forms and related documents according to the nature of the business applying accurate understanding of the legislation, tax practices and tax procedures; measuring risks and being responsible for making the best decisions to optimize tax burden and mitigate tax risks.
- Generate and compile evidence in response to tax audits and information requests from tax authorities
- Manages relationship with the BU and A&F Leads for tax related issues, including providing advice, verbal or written, approves tax opinions prepared by other team members and or external counsel.
- Work collaboratively with other regional tax advisory leads, customs managers and other corporate functions to support the global tax advisory lead in developing, defining and implementing global tax strategies and projects.
- Responsible to provide the preliminary information to prepare the defense to development the arguments on legal disputes in courts and work with the Regional Tax Director, the legal Regional team and with outside counsel to prepare legal documents and positions; making also use of regional support available in the Central America Tax Hub.
- Responsible for recruiting, retaining and development of team members.
- Provides coaching to direct reports; revises and approves annual goals and development plans
- Degree preferably in Law (Tax) or Accounting.
- Registered Lawyer but it can also be Licensed CPA
- At least 5 years of experience in a Big 4 or a public accounting firm, major law firm or multi-national company working in the area of direct & indirect taxation, transfer price and international taxation.
- Total experience must include at least 10 years in tax counsel.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Four years of supervisory experience
- Masters’ Degree in taxation is a plus.
- Experience working on regional tax team
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.