Buying Supervisor - CP&I North LATAM
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Buying Supervisor for direct materials (packaging, ingredients, and chemicals) will manage and execute cross regional sourcing activities. In this role, you will lead a team that executes procurement activities within a highly complex organization, and work closely with Category teams, Business Engagement and operational teams to implement the sourcing strategy and deliver value to our customers. This position will also partner with their peers on a regional and global basis to drive greater consistency and excellence across the entire CSSP organization.
- Oversee the execution and implementation of cross regional sourcing decisions.
- Provide expertise in regional spend, stakeholder and procurement landscape.
- Supervise the operations of teams and actively provide direction using established policies and procedures.
- Foster key regional supplier and stakeholder relationships, monitors performance and make corrections if required.
- Oversee and provide general guidance for the selection of suppliers of noncontracted materials, goods, services, and supplies.
- Lead and develop a team, coach, and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration, Finance, Industrial Engineering or related.
- Minimum of 8 years of related work experience
- High English level – B2 and above
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Position based in Cali, Colombia
- Four years of supervisory experience
- Master’s degree is a plus
- Experience related to Projects.
PRIOR BENEFICIAL EXPERIENCES
- Monitor daily operations and actively provide direction using established policies and procedures.
- Deliver comprehensive understanding of regional spend, stakeholder and procurement landscape.
- Drive the implementation of regional sourcing decisions and support the implementation of global sourcing decisions.
- Working on regional, multicultural, teams
- Ability to influence multi-levels of stakeholders
- Build partnerships and collaborate with others to meet shared objectives.
- Plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES TO BE GAINED
- Develop research and analytics skills.
- Experience handling complex procurement activities across multiple regions.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.