Senior React Native Developer
Seeking creative, passionate, engineering minded software engineers looking for an environment with a core set of values anchored in trust, autonomy and a relentless focus on user experience to build innovative digital solutions in Cargill.
As markets and industries evolve in a digital way, so must Cargill if it wishes to maintain and improve its leadership position in the food, trading and agriculture industries it engages in. A such, Cargill is actively working to realize Digitalization and Analytics (D&A) as a core competency throughout its many business lines. Our product development team provides instrumental software development services, enabling our businesses’ digital future.
Strong candidates will have experience throughout the entire development stack and a broad background in custom software engineering. You probably have your favorite space to work in (UX/UI, services, infra code, backend, etc), but we do our best to promote cross-functional behaviors. We place users at the center of our universe, leveraging DevOps tooling to facilitate feedback loops that often times are less than a day. In that spirit, it’s essential that you be both well rounded and willing to learn new technologies in a short amount of time to support the goals of the work.
Software Development 60%
· Creative, be collaborative, be interested, be driven
· Write well designed, testable, efficient code
· Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
· Participate in a dynamic development environment where solutions evolve daily as customer demands emerge over time.
· Implement modern engineering practices to ensure product quality (e.g., test automation, CI/CD practices), where appropriate.
· Provide hands-on designs, prototypes, and implementations incorporating software engineering best practices, tools and monitoring according to industry best practices.
Business Analysis and Partnering 30%
Product Education & Support 10%
·Bachelor degree, with training certifications in software development.
·5+ years in the software development field
·Experience with Continuous Integration & Delivery practices (Jenkins, XLDeploy, Drone, etc.)
·Experience with cloud infrastructure services, such as AWS
·Experience in an agile software development environment
·Ability to collaboratively design and write testable code in open source frameworks.
·Strong intrapersonal skills, ability to work with diverse teams and personalities
·Self-reliant, assertive and motivated
·Ability to develop through the entire application and infrastructure stack.
·Bilingual – English, Spanish
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.