Pet Food Safety Quality and Regulatory Supervisor
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Location Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Supervisor will implement our food safety management systems and ensure compliance with regulatory and customer requirements at an
assigned facility. We seek a professional with the cross-functional teamwork skills to support our leadership team with thorough scientific understanding of quality assurance and food and feed safety
technology and processes in the following: testing and auditing documentation, data collection and analysis and knowledge transfer. In this role you will provide team leadership to find solutions for food safety and quality concerns.
• Monitors regulatory activities, plant compliance with regulatory food/feed safety and sanitation standards and acts as a liaison for the business with external regulatory authorities.
• Ensures adherence to Corporate, Regulatory and facility food safety and quality requirements.
• Evaluates standard operating procedures, master schedule, verification and reporting for sanitation team and customer food safety and quality requirements.
• Act as and intermediary between our customers and the facility to review product performance, conduct quality and food/feed safety audits, review third party certifications and respond to customer questions and complaints.
• Implements product specification systems and drives continuous improvement in the areas of processes and customer focus.
• Participation and preparation for plant tours and audits.
• Assisting the plan in various projects relating to Safety, Food Safety, Regulatory, Environment, Process Improvement, Engagement, Training etc.
• You will have some authority for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance, or disciplinary actions, and much of your time is spent completing the same tasks as the subordinate employees.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in science, chemistry, microbiology, quality assurance OR 3+ Years of experience in a food manufacturing environment or Pet food environment in areas such as plant operations food/feed safety and/or quality assurance.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to make decisions under pressure
• Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment
• Demonstrated ability of leadership, motivation, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork and successful completion of work.
• Experience interacting with external stakeholders (regulatory agencies, external manufacturers, customers)
• Ability to relate technical knowledge to solve complex testing and process problems
• Laboratory knowledge, including Good Laboratory Practice and instrumentation.
• Other minimum qualifications may apply
• One year of supervisory experience
• Problem solving and analytical skills with experience in Root Cause Analysis
• Confirmed ability to balance and achieve positive results leading multifunctional teams
• Process Auditing experience
• Experience with GFSI food safety certification (FSSC 22000, SQF, BRC, etc.)
• Experience with food or pet food manufacturing
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.