Packing Operator - 2nd Shift
Saint Marys, Ohio
Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
- Full Time / Part Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: None
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Compensation & Pay Equity
We pay for performance and provide equal pay for the same work.
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”Elisabeth C.
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”Catherine V.
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”Marvin S.
Packing Operator - 2nd Shift
This Full time position is located in Saint Marys, Ohio; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 number in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
At Cargill Feed & Nutrition we provide customized animal nutrition solutions to customers across the Americas, Europe and Asia. We operate some of the most technologically advanced plants in the world, but they can't run by themselves - we depend on creative, responsible, hardworking individuals like you. At Cargill we have a culture of safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day. We also believe that employees must have the opportunity to do what they do best so as part of the application process, you may be asked to complete an online assessment. This will help us understand the things that you do better than others - the talents that you rely on to succeed.
- Knowledgeable and proficient at operating the packaging control panel(s).
- Effectively move product, opening bin gates and switching diverters.
- Inspect the product to guarantee all required quality standards are met. This would include correct product, color, size, density and mixed product.
- Set up line precisely. This would include date code, weight, conveyor, glue, sewing and heat seal process.
- Insure all products are packaged accurately. Product on correct bag, tags and stickers applied as necessary.
- Minimize start-up and change-over times working as efficiently as possible.
- Perform quality checks in a timely manner per quality procedures. Insuring product weight is maintained and product meets specifications.
- Obtain samples as required by Quality Assurance.
- Notify Team Leader of progress and any problems.
- Keeping area and equipment clean.
- Sanitize equipment according to plan.
- Maintain equipment.
- Transfer responsibilities from shift to shift.
- Follow all plant safety procedures.
- Must be able to obtain forklift license.
- Other duties as assigned by management will be required.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
- Must be able to read/write English.
- High School diploma or Equivalent.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
- Ability to work in elevated areas.
- Must be able to operate machinery.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts.
- Forklift certified.
- Able to operate heavy equipment.
- Prior experience in production related work.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.