Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”
Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”
Job ID SAI00710
Date posted 11/02/2020
This Full-time, position is in St Marys, OH; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
At Cargill Feed & Nutrition we provide customized animal nutrition solutions to customers across the Americas, Europe and Asia. We operate some of the most technologically advanced plants in the world, but they can't run by themselves; we depend on creative, responsible, hard-working individuals like you. At Cargill we have a culture of safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day. We also believe that employees must have the opportunity to do what they do best so as part of the application process, you may be asked to complete an online assessment. This will help us understand the things that you do better than others - the talents that you rely on to succeed.
- Extrude quality product in an efficient manner (checking product every 30 minutes, making necessary adjustments to run product to target)
- Conduct quality in-process checks and document correctly
- Inspect the product to guarantee all required quality standards are met. This would include correct shape, color, size and density
- Adjust weigh belts as needed
- Ensure proper topical ingredients are being used and applied at the specified rates
- Set-up die plates and knife heads
- Conduct efficient changeovers as specified to the production schedule
- Minimize start-up and change-over times working as efficiently as possible
- Communicate with batching control room operators
- Dumping ration and fines carts
- Keeping area and equipment clean
- Sanitize equipment according to plan
- Maintain equipment
- Transfer responsibilities from shift to shift
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above).
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment.
- Ability to understand and communicate in English(verbal/written).
- Basic use of a computer
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice.
- Forklift certified.
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office software, with an emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Prior experience in production related work.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Find Your Match