E&I Maintenance Technician
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Type: Full Time
Shift available: 1st and 3rd
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 401(k) with Cargill matching contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Perform maintenance on equipment in various departments throughout the facility working on automation, instrumentation, and mechanical systems
- Provide feedback and suggestions for improving the reliability of the plant assets
- Assist with design and installation best practices of new or upgraded equipment, machinery, automation, instrumentation, robotics, machine controls, machine automation, motors, counters, etc.
- Assist with troubleshooting and repairing mechanical issues on equipment, understand and utilize Precision Maintenance techniques
- Work with the Maintenance Mechanics to install, diagnosis, repair equipment as needed
- Understand and adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility
- Ability to communicate in English (verbal and written)
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50 lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Must be able to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment PPE
- Basic use of a computer
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays or different shifts with advance notice
- Associate degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with SAP or a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Heavy equipment/industrial maintenance technical diploma from a trade school, or 3 years equivalent experience
- Predictive Maintenance and/or Precision Maintenance Certifications
- Experience with automation and robotics
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.