Market Development Agronomist
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Market Development Agronomist will be responsible for contributing to crop input sales by leading with knowledge to position products that proactively help our farm customers grow better crops. In this role, you will use your agronomic knowledge to differentiate our organization from our competitors, leading to stronger business relationships with our customers, and in turn, resulting in incremental sales and margin opportunities.
- Work with current and prospective customers to help them grow better crops through making sound crop production and risk management decisions with areas of focus to include crop planning, seed selection, nutrient, weed, disease, insect and harvest management.
- Execute on the organization’s crop input market development plans to include customer field meetings, cooperative product trials, customer agronomy events, marketing support and delivery of crop planning services.
- Maintain good relationships with our key crop input suppliers.
- Serve as the domain specialist in crop production for the location team to include providing local crop production training to the location staff.
- Work with the location sales team in positioning products that proactively help our farm customers grow better crops to include joint farm calls with sales representatives as well independent farm calls.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Diploma OR Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy, Agriculture, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of directly related work experience
- Eligible for membership in the Provincial Institute of Agrologists. Future requirement will be to obtain CCA accreditation
- Have proven working knowledge of plants, crops, soil, and related areas
- Ability to work overtime and weekends when needed
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite
- Active listening and verbal and written communication
Please notify your manager before applying.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.