Grain and Crop Inputs Plant Operator
Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
- Full Time / Part Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: None
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Compensation & Pay Equity
We pay for performance and provide equal pay for the same work.
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”Elisabeth C.
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”Catherine V.
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”Marvin S.
Grain and Crop Inputs Plant Operator
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive — a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field.
At Cargill we have a Culture of Safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day.
The Cargill Agricultural Supply Chain (CASC) connects producers and users of grains and oilseeds around the globe through sourcing, storing, trading, processing and distributing grains and oilseeds, as well as offering a range of financial, risk management and customized farmer services. Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive –a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe!
- Performing facility operations such as receiving and shipping products, which may include fertilizer, chemicals, seed, and grain
- Basic maintenance and operator care of equipment to ensure ongoing facility operations
- Providing excellent customer service and engaging with team members •Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50 lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)•Basic use of a computer
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- May require a valid Canadian Class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays with advance notice
- Basic mechanical aptitude
Shift: From 7:00 am am to 8: 00 pm 12 hour shift three days.
This Full Time position is located in Rycroft, Alberta; however please expect receiving calls from a 204 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.